Zidane to sacrifice six Real stars?
Real Madrid transfers: Zinedine Zidane to sacrifice six stars for new Galactico project for 2019/20?
by Staff Reporter
Jun 13, 2019 06:27 PM
|Tags: World News Real Madrid Gareth Bale Lucas Vazquez Keylor Navas Isco Marcelo James Rodriguez|
Real Madrid's lavish off-season transfers has now reached a club-record spend and with more arrivals expected head coach Zinedine Zidane will need to sacrifice some high profile stars.
After winning three back-to-back UEFA Champions League titles the 2018/19 season marked an end to the Real 'dynasty' and President Florentino Perez, together with Zidane have set the building blocks for a new exciting project.
Scroll through the gallery above to see the six players who could be sacrificed by manager Zinedine Zidane
Zidane opted to walk away at the end of the 2017/18 season, leaving on a high rather than risk a drop off, while Cristiano Ronaldo made his way to Italy for a new challenge with Juventus.
And what was left behind, failed to win a trophy last season, forcing the hand of Perez, who has now brought in Eden Hazard, Ferland Mendy, Eder Miltao, Luka Jovic and Rodrygo Goes.
As the need for a squad overhaul becomes apparent and a new generation begins, some of the biggest names will naturally need to depart with Financial Fair Player rulings set to play a major role in their outgoings.
So far, Madrid's 2019 recruits have cost a total of €303m.
According to AS, Los Blancos 'must raise more than €250 in sales' in order to comply with FFP and club-record sign Gareth Bale could be one of the biggest contributors in raising the funds.
The Wales international has fallen out of favour at the 13-time European champions and has looked out of sorts with the Wales national team to a point where former Real manager John Toshack admitted he may need to leave to re ignite his career.
"The situation that he’s in at Real Madrid certainly can’t be helping him," Toshack told BBC Sport Wales.
"It needs sorting out as soon as possible… because when you look at this player, what he's shown that he can do and look at what he’s producing at the moment, something is going terribly, terribly wrong somewhere."
Another player that's future is up in air that is said to considered to be in the same failed Galactico bracket is James Rodriguez who returned to the club after a two-year spell at Bayern Munich.
Isco Alcoron, is another playmaker that may struggle for game time despite having been a key figure under Zidane is his first stint but his high market value could see the 13-time European champions cash in if his valuation is met.
According to 90min, Keylor Navas, Lucas Vasquez, Marcelo and abovementioned superstars will make up the bulk of the capital needed to balance the books.
With Ferland Mendy joining the club on Wednesday, the France international has been touted as a long-term replacement at left-back for the Brazilian but his poor from last season may see the 22-year-old instated in Zidane's starting XI immediately.
Navas, despite his success with the club, is firmly second-choice behind Thibaut Courtois and possibly Zidane's son Luka, who is set for a place in the senior team next season.
Meanwhile, Vazquez has been linked with a move to Internazionale, with Antonio Conte said to be a keen admirer of his work-rate on the flank in what is also expected to be a overhaul with Serie A outfit.
Click here to sign in!
No comments yet
Ofentse Kakapa Mahatlhe
die bucks fan
|Nedbank Cup League|
|World Cup 2018|
|Soccer 6 Zone|
|NXT LVL Scout|
|SA Players Abroad|
|Messi / Ronaldo / Neymar Watch|
|La Liga Predictor|
|Champions League Predictor|
|Player Of The Season|
|Story Behind Siya|
|Hot Off The Press|
Copyright © Soccer Laduma, 2014.
All rights reserved.
Best of the Mobile Web
News | Sport | Weather | Celebs | Entertainment | Magazines | Free Downloads | Free Music | More